Sunday, March 26, 2017
For this week, we had to go to the TechShop in Redwood City since the TechShop in San Jose is closed for the week. We were able to weld together the metal square tubes for the bottom part of our tilt mechanism. My main job for the day was to make sure the square tubes were properly sanded, which includes making sure that they are even and can stand up properly and I had to make sure that I didn't over sand it because if I did then we would have to cut up brand new square tubing.
Monday, March 20, 2017
For this week we went to Gorilla Metals to get some aluminum for our links. After we got our aluminum we went to Tech Shop to cut it up to its proper sizes. Now that we have those finished we can start putting those together in order to make our tilt mechanism.
Sunday, March 12, 2017
For this week we went to TechShop to convert the solid works files to a program the water jet can read. At first we were re-drawing the parts in AutoCAD then converting it, but then one of our fellow colleagues told us we could convert it to the water jet file straight from Solid Works, which saved us a lot of time. So now whenever we get our materials we can water jet anytime we want.
Sunday, March 5, 2017
For this week, we went to TechShop to start welding some parts together. Since we are still in the process of getting our bill of materials approved, we were fortunate enough to have another team member have extra amount of the same part we need. So it was good to get the ball rolling in assembling our system despite the lack of parts.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
For this week, I participated in the Celebration of Research Event showcasing what we have done so far. Personally that was a good experience because I got to hear about what other people are researching and most of them are really interesting especially the ones who won the awards. Other than that we went to a couple places that sell metals and we were able to get quotas from them.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Before we can actually start building our design, we have to get the bill of materials approved(which is currently still in the works). One of the reasons why it hasn't been approved yet is because we haven't found a motor for a reasonable price. Therefore this week I have been trying to find a motor that would fit our needs for a reasonable price, if not donated to us.